Head of SETI Operations
Operator of SETI observations at the Allen Telescope Array. Major control systems software developer. Develop methods and solutions to further the search for extraterrestrial signals.
- Plan and implement radio signal search operations
- Satellite and space debris detection using radio telescopes
- System controls, creating software that controls the antenna dishes
- C/C++/Java/Rub/Linux programming
- Major documentation contributor
- TCP/UDP, RS232, RS485, embedded
- Web services, internet data gathering
- Complex antenna data analysis
- Pubic speaking evangelist
- Google Summer of Code mentor
High Country Tek, Nevada City, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Provided embedded system programming expertise for hydraulic controllers.
- Embedded system development
- Addressing customer problems
- Hardware/software integration
Backend services development for Nokia's internet mobile gaming platform.
- C/PERL programming
- SOAP webservice (C and PERL)
- Linux server programming
HighWire Software, Inc.
VP of Engineering and Senior Software Programmer
Startup founder, VP of Engineering, product architect and developer.
- Network TCP/IP programming
- Client/server programming
- Rich client development
- Windows PC and Palm development
- Visual Studio application development
EcoFront Pty Ltd.
Senior Engineer. Mostly part time or in-between jobs.
Home automation product design and development. This company is based in Japan, all work remote with occasional trips to Tokyo.
- Conceived and devloped several main product lines
- Developed and managed a Chinese software team
- Network programming, Windows/Linux/embedded
- Low level TCP/UDP programming
- Hardware design
- Client/Server application development
- Webservices development
- Visual C++/GCC
- Mobile applications for iMode, jSky, ezWeb, iPhone